If you are a professional woodworker, then an orbit sander is nothing new to you. But, if you are a casual one, then you might not be aware of this awesome tool. With the help of this tool, you can smoothen any uneven, rough, coarse, and jagged surfaces on wood. It can be very useful if you want an even and fine finish.
So, you can see that this is a very useful power tool. But, truth be told, picking the best orbit sander in India can be a tough task. Because there are a lot of similar products. So, it is very easy to get confused. If you are on the same page, then don’t worry at all. Because we are here to disappear your worries.
We have gathered a list of the best orbit sander machines in the Indian market as of now. And, we will be reviewing these top models for you in this post. So, let’s get to the good part without wasting more of our time.
What to look for on a great orbit sander?
- Design and build quality:
An orbit sander is an expensive tool. So, you should look for one which comes with rugged build quality. Also, it can get dropped accidentally during work, so if it has a solid and tough build quality then you will not be in the risk of breaking it.
Plus, you will need an ergonomically designed orbit sander. If it is not designed for ease of use, then you will not enjoy working with it for a longer time. So, look for a user-friendly design which will make sure that you can handle it comfortably.
- Dust Extraction:
Typically, during sanding, dust will be produced from the workpiece. It is normal. But, it is not normal to breathe those into your lungs. Yes, we are not kidding. These specks of dust can be so harmful to your body. So, you should always go for an orbit sander with a good dust extraction system.
- Power consumption:
An orbit sander with a powerful motor can sand faster. So, it might seem that a powerful motor would be the best choice. But that is not always the case. Because a powerful motor will also consume more power/electricity. And that will translate to more electricity bills at the end of the month. So, get the one which is suitable for your demands.
Reviews of the best Orbit sander machines in India:
iBell may not be a world-famous company. But they are highly popular in India. They manufacture electronic appliances. On top of these, they also produce some good quality electrical power tools. Yes, iBell might be an Indian local company, but we can assure you that they can go head to head with any other prominent companies. They are very serious about the quality of their products.
For instance, the iBELL Orbital Sander OS23-46 is a great orbital sander in terms of specifications and quality. This one comes with numerous features which can be very beneficial to many woodworkers. Plus, as these are manufactured in India, the manufacturing cost is also a lot less than any other branded products. As a result, you will get a high-quality product with a very reasonable price.
- This orbit sander comes with effective dust management
- It weighs only 2 Kg
- It needs only 300 watts of power
- Comes with speed adjusting function; can be adjusted from 4,000 to 11,000 orbits/minutes
- The rotation function is random, so there will be no visible swirl marks or circle marks on the finished wood
- Comes with a free dust filter/micro filter for effective dust management
- The orbit is larger in size, so your work will be faster
- Comes with soft rubber grip for comfortable operation
- Comes with lock button and switch trigger for ultimate safety
- Very compact in size, easy to carry and work with for a longer period
- Robust build quality
- Very affordable price
- The dust bag might get unlocked while sanding at maximum speed
Best of the Best
Bosch GEX 150 Random Orbit Palm Sander:
We have already reviewed an orbit sander from Bosch in the first part of this post. And, that was a budget-friendly Bosch orbital sander. Now, this one is also from Bosch yet there are a few dissimilarities between these two. First off, the Bosch (GEX 150 AC) Random Orbit Sander Professional has a higher price tag.
This is not a compact sander. Rather, it is a standard model and manufactured particularly for the professionals. If you are a professional woodworker, then you can get this. For hobbyist woodworkers or DIY persons, it will also be a great option. However, as this one comes with a high price, you might want to check some other options within a cheaper price.
But, if you have the budget and want the best of the best random orbit sander in India, then this is the only option. It comes with all the necessary features and specs which should always be on a perfect orbit sander machine. We really liked the build quality and the ergonomic design if this sander machine.
- Can be used to polish metal, plastic, paint and even varnish along with wood
- Comes with Bosch micro filter for dust extraction
- Comes with sanding pad brake which will prevent damage on the workspace
- It weighs 2.6 kg
- It needs 340 watts to operate
- You can change the speed of the orbit sander
- Comes with 3 sanding functions: coarse sanding, fine sanding, and polishing
- Comes with the Velcro-type sanding disc fastening function
- It is also suitable for left-handed people
- Random orbit function makes sure there’s no scorch or swirl marks
- Comes with dust extraction pouch
- Can be used on curved surfaces as well
- A little heavy
- A tad bit expensive
A great alternative
Bosch GEX 125-1 AE Random Orbit Sander:
This one comes from the famous Bosch. Typically, Bosch products tend to be pricey. But, in the case of this orbital sander, it is the opposite. It is one of the cheapest random orbital sanders from Bosch. It is very compact and lightweight. You can use it for a longer period without any overheating issue.
You will find the sanding pads in Indian local market. So, you won’t have to worry about replacing the sanding pads. Another positive thing about this is the short height of this sander. That means, you will be closer to the workspace and it will be easier to control the sander.
Still, we would admit that the price of this orbit sander is not that cheap. But, if you want an orbital sander machine from a reputed company then this can be a nice option. This is also very user-friendly. So, it will be better for both the new and experienced woodworker.
- Comes with sanding pad brake which will prevent any damage to the workpiece
- Comes with random orbit motion, which is compulsory to have the finest finish
- It weighs only 1.66 Kg
- It is made of high-quality Polyamide
- It needs only 250 watts of power to operate
- You can adjust the speed with the ‘pre-selection’ button
- The diameter of the sanding plate is 125 mm
- You can adjust the orbital stroke rate from 15,000 to 24,000 OPM
- The no-load speed can also be adjusted from 7,500 to 12,000 RPM
- Comes with vibration emission design
- Very easy to handle and lightweight
- Compact orbital sander
- Comes with Velcro-type sanding sheet fastening for fast and easier change
- Comes with built-in dust extractor
- The Velcro base might need to be replaced over time and it is hard to find a replacement locally
For Dewalt Fans
Dewalt DWE6421-IN 125mm Random Orbit Palm Sander:
If you are into Dewalt products then you will love the Dewalt DWE6421-IN Random Orbit Palm Sander. This is a very powerful orbit sander yet compact and portable. If you want an easy to use orbit sander without complicated buttons or switches, then this is a great option for you.
This is very durable. Yet, you are getting 2 years of warranty from Dewalt. The price of this sander is not that high. You could say that it is a mid-range sander in terms of the price. Added to this, if you are looking for a lightweight orbit sander, you will love this one. Because it is one of the lightest orbit sanders we have reviewed till now. Here are some of the key features of this great orbit sander.
- Comes with a 280-watt motor
- It has a speed of 12,000 orbits per minute
- Comes with the hook & loop paper function for installing new sanding sheet faster
- It has a short height of just 155 mm
- The weight is 1.3 Kg
- Comes with 125 mm orbit size
- Comes with dust-sealed switch for longer life
- Comes with low vibration technology
- Comes with built-in dust extraction port
- Comes with anti-slip grip
- Comes with the separate counterweight design which has given it a super balance
- Comes with an integrated dust bag for collecting dust
- There is no speed control function
Summing it up:
So, in this post, we have included the best orbit sander machine available in India. Here, you can find information about only 4 sander machines. You might be thinking if there are any more good options out there. To be honest, there are a lot of good orbit sanders available. But, if you consider the features, prices, and the overall quality, then these 4 ultimately come on top.
So, we haven’t felt the need of adding more options here which are kind of useless. We hope you will find your favorite one from these 4. Here are a few tips for you. If you want the best regardless of the price, then the Bosch Random Orbit Sander GEX 150 AC Professional should be your pick.
But, if you are in a tight budget, then you can check out the iBELL Orbital Sander OS23-46. This orbit sander is definitely the bang for your buck. However, if you want a branded orbital sander then the Bosch GEX 125-1 or the Dewalt DWE6421-IN orbit sander machine can be a great choice.