Nubia Z17 Mini
Nubia, some of you might not have even heard of this company or seen its devices. This company is owned by ZTE, which might be familiar to some people. One of the big reasons is that they have very less marketing and sales in India. But, none-the-less they make some great devices. Here’s one which we feel is worth your time.
This is the Nubia Z17 Mini. This mid-range flagship was announced about a month ago in India. The Z17 Mini tries to combine both looks and performance into one package. Currently it is available on Amazon for Rs. 19,999. In this article, we will go over its specs, reviews, etc. and conclude whether it is worth the money or not.
Build and Design
1) The Z17 Mini has a fairly straightforward design. In the front, going from top to bottom, we have the front facing camera, the sensors, the earpiece, the screen and finally a round home button.
2) The back is pretty straightforward too. A Dual-Camera setup at the top left corner, followed by the fingerprint scanner and then the Nubia Branding.
3) The top has a 3.5 mm headphone jack and the bottom has a USB-C charging port and speaker. The placement of microphones is regular.
It is available in the following colours:-
Elegant Black, Gold Black, Champagne Gold, Red.
Item Weight : 154 g
Product Dimensions : 14.7 x 0.7 x 7.3 cm
Screen and Battery
1) The Z17 Mini boasts a 5.2 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with a pixel density of 424ppi.
2) The display is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass (version unspecified).
3) It has a high contrast ratio of 1500:1.
4) It has a 2,950 mAh Battery. It is not bad but not good too.
5) Though it has support for fast charging.
Internals (Hardware + Software)
1) The internals of this phone are quite good.
2) It has 4 GB of Ram on the Standard Edition and 6 GB on the High Edition (Not yet available in India).
The chipsets are as follows :-
1) Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 – Standard edition and Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653 – High edition.
2) Both have the Adreno 510 GPU. Also, both possess 64 GB of internal storage which is expandable upto 200 GB by inserting a MicroSD card in the Hybrid Dual Sim Slot.
3) On the software front, it comes with Android 6.1.1 with Nubia UI 4.0. It has its own battery saver called Neo Power.
4) The camera interface is handled by a special software called NeoVision 6.0.
1) Now we have come to one of its biggest selling and marketed feature, the dual cameras.
2) The Z17 Mini sports two Sony camera sensors – a customized Sony full-light MONO sensor and a true color RGB sensor.
3) It has dual 13 MP cameras. Both sport f/2.2 aperture. Capable of recording 2K at 30 fps, this camera also possesses a portrait mode like the iPhone 7+.
4) The front facing camera is a 16 MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture.
These cameras benefit a lot from the following software features:-
1) You can refocus or adjust the background blur on photos in the Edit mode.
2) 10 beauty filters
3) Selfie Fill Light
4) A custom version of the patented NeoVision 6 Camera family coupled with the futuristic feature of a 3D camera, add up to one mesmerising mobile photography experience.
5) The dual cameras allow you to capture a subject surrounded by a blur – of time.
6) 16 levels of focus, aperture f1 to f16, coupled with a dual lens.
Here is a basic spec table:-
|Display||5.2 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) LTPS IPS|
|Processor||1) Qualcomm MSM8976 Snapdragon 652 – Standard edition|
2) Qualcomm MSM8976 Pro Snapdragon 653 – High edition.
|RAM||4 GB – Standard Edition|
6 GB – High Edition
|Storage||64 GB (Expandable upto 200GB)|
|Camera||1) Dual rear 13 MP with f/2.2 aperture.|
2) 16 MP Front facing camera f/2.0 aperture.
|Software||Android 6.1.1 with Nubia UI 4.0|
|Dimensions||14.7 x 0.7 x 7.3 cm|
The final verdict is that you can buy this phone. Although it would make more sense to add a few more money and get even a better phone which has much more to offer.
More In Ear Headphones
- Top 5 Best Earphones Under 500
- Top Best 5 In Ear Headphones Under Rs.2000
- Top 5 Best In Ear (IEM) Headphones Under Rs.3000
- Top 5 Best In Ear Headphones Under Rs.1000
More Over Ear Earphones
Please do comment below to add your suggestions and feedback.
Saumya khimsaria has a good knowledge about mobile phones, computers, dslr cameras, video and photo editing, music and Bollywood… Indian!!!♥️♥️♥️