Do you know that the air inside our homes can be 2-5 times more polluted than outdoor air, according to the World Health Organization*?
Outdoor air pollution can easily enter your home when the windows and doors are open. But even when they are closed, natural ventilation can bring in allergens and small particles – under 2.5 micrometers – into your home.
Pollen is a common indoor allergen released by trees, weeds and plants that can trigger allergy symptoms. Another indoor allergen is dust, which contains dust mites, outdoor minerals, and other particles that can trigger severe allergic reaction and asthma.
Indoor pollutants can result from cooking, cleaning and having a household pet. New indoor decorations and furnishings may release gases and volatile organic compounds.
To keep molds, bacteria and viruses from growing, the humidity levels of your home should be 40-60%. A well-humidified room makes the air more comfortable to breathe and helps keep skin from drying out.
– *Actual values were indoor/outdoor ratios of 1.62–6.37 for the summer months and 2.05–10.99 for the winter months.
What exactly is an air purifier?
As the name suggests, an air purifier or air cleaner is a device which removes contaminants from the air in a room. So basically, it takes in bad air, purifies it and then releases it again.
Benefits of an air purifier-
Dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and dust mite feces can act as allergens, triggering allergies in sensitive people.
Smoke particles and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) can pose a risk to health. Exposure to various components such as VOCs increases the likelihood of experiencing symptoms of sick building syndrome.
Air purifiers are becoming increasingly capable of capturing a greater number of bacterial, virus, and DNA damaging particulates.
So, let us take a look at one of the most price efficient air purifiers available in India, the Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier.
1 Night Sense Auto Mode.
– Continuous air quality monitoring & light sensing in your bedroom that adjusts the air purifier’s fan speed and dims the lights automatically for a comfortable sleep.
– Basically, it will automatically detect various things and adjust itself according to them to provide a comfortable sleep.
2 Smart Light Control
– It switches automatically to Night Sense mode when the bedroom lights are switched off, and it dims all of its own lights too.
3 Allergen Auto Mode
– It detects which allergen is there and automatically sets itself for the best performance.
– Dedicated allergen mode specially designed for superior allergen removal efficiency; 100% ozone free with natural filtration technology.
4 Multiple Fan Speeds
– You can choose from 4 different fan speeds including ultra-silent (Only 33 dB) and turbo modes to suit varying room sizes and pollution levels.
5 Healthy Air Protect Alert
– The healthy air protect alert lets you know promptly when it is time to replace any of the filters.
6 Smart Air Quality Sensor
– Real-time air quality sensing with air quality index display and 4-color air quality indicator.
7 VITA SHIELD IPS
– VitaShield Intelligent Purification System that filters 99.97% allergens and ultra-fine particles as small as 0.02 microns, 100 times smaller than PM 2.5.
8 ECARF and AHAM Certified
– Certified by the European Centre for Allergy Research Foundation, and the Association of Home Appliances Manufacturers, USA.
WHAT DOES IT PURIFY?
Cost and where to buy?
1) The Philips 1000 Series AC1215/20 Air Purifier costs around Rs. 12,000 on the Philips website.
2) But right now, it is available for Rs. 9,649 on Amazon.
3) It might be difficult to get it at a local store, as they are not very popular in Indian markets yet.
Things to keep in mind.
Here is a photo that shows in context how big it is.
You must first figure out where to place this for the most optimum functionality. Put it where there is less hindrance and in the room where you spend most of your time.
Also Check Out:
- Top 10 Best Front Loading Washing Machines in India
- 5 Best Espresso Coffee Machines
- Top 10 Best Rated Split Air Conditioners
- The Top 5 Best RO Water Purifiers
- Top 5 Best Steam Irons Under Rs.1500
- The Top 10 Best Electric Kettles
- Top 5 best bread Toasters
Please do comment below to add your suggestions and feedback , thanks.