The Champion is here- Nokia 8
Nokia is back. We have been hearing rumors about Nokia releasing a flagship for ages now.
But finally, it is here. Nokia released budget models of the phone as well, namely Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Nokia 6. This one here is their flagship offering.
The Nokia 8 was one of the most anticipated Nokia phones, and it has certainly lived up to the expectations of the people and more. Here is our review on it.
Build and Design
1) It has a unibody design and is built out of 6000-series aluminium.
2) The phone is 7.-mm thin, and tips the scale at 160 grams.
3) The screen is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Scratch Resistant display and it is IP54 rated, which means that it is splash-proof.
4) In Nokia’s own words- “The Nokia 8 undergoes a rigorous 40-stage process of machining, anodizing and polishing to ensure its distinctive design pairs flawlessly with the polished aluminium unibody.
5) The ultimate in seamless unibody construction, Nokia 8 is designed to nestle perfectly in the palm of your hand”.
TL;DR- The Nokia 8 is well built and feels great in the hand.
Dimensions- 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm (5.96 x 2.90 x 0.31 in)
Weight- 160 g (5.64 oz.)
Screen and Battery
1) The Nokia 8 comes with a 5.3-inch QHD(2K) IPS LCD Multi touch display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels at a pixel density of 554 pixels per inch.
2) All this is powered by a 3,090 mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0.
Internals (Software + Hardware)
Internally, the specs are at par with most of the flagships of 2017.
It has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 chipset, coupled with Adreno 540 GPU.
There are two variants available:-
- 64 GB, 4 GB RAM – Tempered Blue, Steel, Polished Copper Colour Variants
- 128 GB, 6 GB RAM – Polished Blue Colour Variant
1) There is support for a Micro-SD card upto 256 GB.
2) On the software side, the Nokia 8 comes with near stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat.
3) All other flagship features like Fingerprint Sensor, NFC, etc. are present.
1) This is one of the best features of this phone.
2) Nokia has put a lot of hard work and thought into this.
3) It has paired up with Carl Zeiss to bring us a Dual Camera Setup.
4) This relationship brings us a dual 13 MP rear camera setup that combines a color and monochrome sensor, shots from which are combined into a single shot with greater contrast using “Image Fusion Technology”.
5) The front camera is 13 MP, and includes auto-focus and actually utilizes the same camera module as the rear configuration.
6) Other camera features include two-tone flash, apertures of f/2.0, and a special mode called “Bothie”.
– Nokia’s “Bothie” feature allows users to snap photos or record video using footage from both the front and rear cameras, split down the middle 50/50.
Whether shooting in this mode or recording regular video, the footage can then be streamed directly to Facebook Live or YouTube natively from the camera app.
1) Rear Camera is capable of recording 4K videos at 30 fps.
2) It’s not just a great camera, the recording mics are also superb with the Nokia 8, thanks to the use of Ozo Audio.
3) This solution previously was found in 360-degree VR cameras used by Hollywood and other professionals, and is a first for mobile.
4) Unlimited Storage in Google Photos
Price and Availability
– The Nokia 8 is priced at almost 600 Euros, which is 45,000 Rs.
– It will be available from mid-September.
Here is a small spec table-
5.3-inch IPS LCD display
2560 x 1440 resolution
700 nits of brightness
Corning Glass 5, 2.5D glass
Upto 256 GB MicroSD card support
Rear- Dual 13 MP, f/2.0, one RGB one Monochrome
Front- 13 MP
Quick Charge 3.0
Water and Dust Resistance
IP 54 Rating
Stock Android 7.1.1
Dimensions and Weight
151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm (5.96 x 2.90 x 0.31 in)
Also Check Out:
- Top 10 Best Front Loading Washing Machines in India
- 5 Best Espresso Coffee Machines
- Top 10 Best Rated Split Air Conditioners
- The Top 5 Best RO Water Purifiers
- Top 5 Best Steam Irons Under Rs.1500
- The Top 10 Best Electric Kettles
- Top 5 best bread Toasters
Please do comment below to add your suggestions and feedback , thanks.