Are You Searching For The Best Refrigerator in India?
Search No More!!
Be it bachelors living away from home or a modern nuclear family, a single-door refrigerator can fit in either case. Newer models of these refrigerators now come with some of the best technological advancements that only the more expensive models have seen so far. At this point in time, there is a huge number of options to choose from.
We have included a list of 10 best single door refrigerators. Before making a decision, you can go through our guide to see how these refrigerators benefit you how do they differ from other types.
Table Of Contents ( Choose Type )
Double Door ( Middle Range )
LG 260 L 4 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
1) IF your looking for a double door fridge then this is one of the best options from LG , as it is a smart fridge which can diagnosed via mobile app.
2) Smart inverter compressor , which ensures that you save on electricity and food stays fresh longer at low noise.
3) It provides good cooling even at the lowest levels , plus you don’t have to buy and additional stabilizer for it.
4) Decent inbuilt space for all your vegetables , water bottles and sweets.
Samsung 253 L 4 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
This is one of the bestselling models in India from Samsung. It has some very unique features like LED control panel on the front to change temperature.
It offers stabilizer free operation , smart connector inverter function for power cuts and it can run on solar energy as well.
Equipped with digital inverter compressor for energy savings. One more thing I like about it is the convertible mode , you canvert your freezer into fridge and vice versa.
From the door handle design to surface finish , everything about this fridge is true value for money. That’s why we have included this in our list.
back to menu ↑
Side by Side ( Premium )
LG 687 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
For those looking for a Side-by-Side fridge option , I will highly recommend this model by LG.
If you want big space , then this is for you.
This fridge looks very premium and elegant , bet it in your kitchen or common area. That is due to it’s glossy surface , which makes it easier to clean also.
You can connect it with WIFI , plus the controls are pretty simple.
Talking about electricity consumption , it comes equipped with Inverter Linear Compressor , which might save upto 50% electricity. So you might not see a noticeable increase in bills.
AmazonBasics 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side
If your worried about the price , but still want a Side by Side fridge , then you have to check this for sure. Just click on the check price above and get ready to be amazed.
It costs half of above model by LG , I don’t know how amazon can give this low price. But they have done it , Amazonbasics products are quite robust and reliable. Although they are new in refrigerators.
This fridge by Amazonbasics comes equipped with lot of great features.
- Ample Storage Space
- Alarm Function
- A+ Energy Saving
- Super Freeze
- Child lock
Plus it also has features like multi air flow , like the one you see in LG and other brands.
back to menu ↑
Why buy Single Door Refrigerators?
1. For a small family of 2-3 people, single-door refrigerators serve the best. You will have ample space for everything of your need. Some of them even have a drawer for onion and potato.
2. Buying a smaller refrigerator also means that you will be saving on the up-front cost of bringing a cooling machine to your home. You can get a good branded single-door refrigerator for under Rs. 15000.
3. Many of them are adopting newer compressor technologies like an inverter. With this, the fridge itself becomes much better at cooling and staying cool during times of power cuts.
4. Thanks to these new compressors and their general capacity itself, the single-door fridges consume very less power, thus saving your bill amount. Many of them come with a 4 or 5-star rating.
5. When you take out time on a Sunday to clean the refrigerator, you will have to spend less time on it. Plus, the overall maintenance cost of these refrigerators is much economical.back to menu ↑
Single Door ( Budget )
These are the best single door fridges you can buy in India right now.
1. LG 190L 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- This is the number one Fridge in our list.
1) The popular appliance brand has used a smart inverter compressor that has a star rating of 4 stars for plenty of power-saving. The compressor is of the highest quality, hence is covered with a 10-year warranty.
2) It is so power-efficient that you can even connect the refrigerator to your home inverter for an uninterrupted cooling even during power cuts. There is a built-in stabiliser, so you don’t need to invest in any new one.
3) LG has used its proprietary tech to bring fast cooling capabilities to its freezer. It can make ice in less than 108 minutes.
4) A host of shelves and storage space is available inside the refrigerator. There is a dedicated space for tall bottles on the door while all your vegetables will stay fresh in the basket.
5) Quite a bit of floor clearance has been given with the refrigerator itself having a metal finish. A sturdy handle and a locking mechanism complete this package.
Also Check Out Our:
- Microwave Ovens
- Air Coolers
- Geyser Water Heaters
- Air Conditioners
- RO Water Purifiers
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Room Heaters
2. LG 190L 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) In case your family likes having a floral design for the refrigerator, this LG product offers just that along with all the features its other fridge offers. The entire front has a plum colour with the said design.
2) LG has used direct cool technology for this fridge that is much more power-efficient but requires manual defrosting.
3) With a capacity of 190L, the refrigerator is quite spacious and is sufficient for a small family of 2-3 members. The freezer area has a large cavity to hold even the largest containers.
4) LG’s own smart inverter compressor keeps your electricity bills down with its power efficiency and a rating of 4 stars. The compressor comes with a 10-year warranty.
5) Thanks to the built-in stabilizer, the LG fridge can work in areas too much voltage fluctuations.
3. Whirlpool 190L 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) Made using German steel, the front panel of the door looks plush with its steel colour and will give an elegant touch to your kitchen.
2) Whirlpool uses the technology it has designed to keep the refrigerator cool for as long as 12 hours at a stretch for when there is a power cut. This is a common sight in India and the feature will come handy.
3) Also, when there is a power cut, you can use it with your home inverter if the need be.
4) The company has used the highest-quality compressor that is guaranteed to last you years. It comes covered with a standard warranty of 10 years with the comprehensive one being 1 year.
5) From large bottle to eggs and from vegetables to ice cream, this fridge is large enough to hold everything for a family of 2-3 people. It has a 4-star power-saving rating.
4. LG 215L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) As the company is known, LG has used toughened glass shelves that, besides looking premium, are meant to last your years. Its special tech maintains moisture inside the refrigerator which is required to keep vegetables fresh for longer.
2) With the use of an inverter compressor, LG just ensured that you get the most power-efficient refrigerator. In fact, it comes with a 5-star rating for this fact.
3) The brand has also utilised the foot area where you can store vegetable like potato and onion in a tray since they’re supposed to be stored outside a fridge.
4) Space management has been impressive on the inside too. The door has ample storage for big bottles and confectionery. The vegetable basket alone is 21 litres in capacity.
5) This particular model has a capacity of 215 litres and comes with floral print on the front.
5. Whirlpool 215L 4-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) Even if you live in an area with extreme voltage fluctuations, the refrigerator from Whirlpool should be able to handle them all with ease. It is rated to last up to 25 years.
2) On the inside, you will find an array of shelves and trays both in the fridge and freezer areas. For a small family of up 3 people, the space of 215L should be sufficient.
3) It is designed to keep your vegetables fresh for up to 7 days. They will stay in their original condition for longer with milk staying intact for 12 hours during a power cut.
4) Whirlpool has made use of an inverter compressor that saves power and is rated 4 stars for its efficiency.
5) The outer body is made using stainless steel for added strength and rigidity.
6. LG 235L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) In case, you have a need for a larger refrigerator then you can go for this 235L unit that makes every shelf and storage area a bit larger making them more spacious. Plus, you already have dry storage for potato and onion.
2) LG has packed all its best tech for single door refrigerators in this product. it comes with a smart inverter compressor that is energy-saving with a 5-star rating.
3) Using the smart connector feature, the fridge can connect with your inverter for uninterrupted cooling.
4) Features like built-in stabiliser come standard in this product for areas without stable voltage. Each shelf is made using toughened glass.
5) The company is offering a standard warranty of 1 year while the compressor is covered with 10 years of after-sales support.
7. Samsung 192L 2-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) On a slightly tighter budget, Samsung makes this refrigerator available at a reasonable price. It is available in three colour options.
2) With its capacity of 192 litres, the fridge has particularly large racks on its door—two large ones for bottles and another pair for smaller items.
3) Thanks to its capacity, it has a compact size that can fit inside the smallest kitchens. Space constraint wouldn’t be an issue with this fridge.
4) You can expect the same high-quality material from Samsung. All the shelves and baskets are made using toughened glass.
5) It is rated 2 stars for energy saving. The compressor is covered with 10 years of warranty. It also supports stabilizer-free operation, thus saving you extra thousands of rupees.
8. Haier 220L 4-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) This Haier product is one of the most elegant-looking refrigerators on this list. It comes with a brushed metal finish that will add to your kitchen’s aesthetics. Even its handle bears a high-end design.
2) Upon opening, you will find its door with a section for tall bottles with another for normal ones. Above the basket, there are a total of five shelves, including the freezer section.
3) Being a direct cool fridge, you will have to do manual defrosting, but that’s the case with all the products with this technology.
4) Haier has used its proprietary 1HIT tech that lets you make ice within 60 minutes with a temperature of -5-degree Celsius.
5) As of the perks, you will get a warranty of 10 years on compressor and it supports stabilizer-free functioning. The gasket is also anti-fungal.
9. Godrej 210L 5-Star Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) Just like some LG models, Godrej also utilises the space under the fridge for storing onion and potato. The inside area is also similarly managed in a very well manner.
2) The door and the inner shelves have been intelligently divided into multiple sections with the use of plastic and toughened glass. Its door has many more shelves than what’s usually seen.
3) Godrej ships this product with a state-of-the-art compressor that is rated 5 stars for the best energy efficiency. It won’t give you any bill shocks.
4) Its front is beautifully painted with a floral pattern on a wine-colour base. The colour extends to the sides and bottom shelf as well.
5) It has a standard 1 year of warranty along with a 10-year coverage for the compressor. Its capacity of 210 litres is fine for a small family.
10. Samsung 192L 5-Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
1) This one is surely the most differently designed fridge on this list with this super-premium design. It has a purple and blue combination for its front and sides adding further to its design.
2) While it supports quick ice making in its refrigerator, there is a tray underneath where you can keep things like butter and much more.
3) Like many of the other mentions, this Samsung single-door fridge comes with a power-efficient compressor which also lasts you longer. Efficiency is guaranteed by its 5-star rating.
4) All the shelves inside the fridge come with Samsung’s trademark bluish toughened glass, including the closing lid for the freezer.
5) If you face quite a bit of voltage fluctuations, then you need not buy a stabilizer for this refrigerator. It comes with a built-in unit.
back to menu ↑
These names are pretty self-explanatory when it comes to defining different refrigerator types. What we’re discussing here are the single-door ones that have a freezer built inside the main cavity itself.
They are generally smaller in size and serve nuclear families or bachelors well. Next comes the double door refrigerators which have a separate freezer cavity and a separate door for that, hence their name double door.
In terms of pricing, this category majorly covers the middle ground and is sandwiched between the other two categories.
Double door refrigerators are generally used by medium-sized families with 3-5 members.
The freezer area tends to be much larger than single door ones while they also start to get some premium features. Speaking of premium, the side-by-side refrigerators are at the top of this chain. Their doors open like a cupboard and look quite plush.
Generally, the entire left side is dedicated to the freezer while the slightly larger right side has the freezer. They cost quite substantially but do come with the best tech and features.