Winters are just around the corner, so is the festive season. If you were thinking of buying a new water heater, then there cannot be a better time than this. The newer models have started to arrive and you might even get a great deal around Diwali.
I know, you still haven’t decided which water heater to purchase yet. Before you make a decision, we want you to know everything about the water heaters so that you can make an informed choice when in the market to get one.
So, below explained are the types of water heaters that you will find in the market. We’ve also listed out the advantages and disadvantages of each so that you exactly know what they are. Later, you will find the best water heaters under both the categories that you can consider buying. Let’s get started!
Types of Water Heater
If you wish to, then the water heaters can be divided into two broad categories – instant and storage. We will talk about them in a bit detail to better understand how they both differ from each other.
Instant Water Heaters
As the name suggests, the instant water heater is capable of heating the water instantly and is made available for immediate use. Such geysers may or may not have a storage capacity and the ones who do, have a comparatively smaller storage tank.
With their smaller storage tanks, the instant water heaters are quite compact and don’t take a lot of space. This is one of the major reasons why people go for the instant water heaters. With that, you’ll also save some electricity and water as the heater won’t be running idle or would heat the water that isn’t ultimately used.
Storage Water Heaters
Quite an opposite of the instant water heaters, the storage water heaters offer much more convenience. These heaters have a large storage tank ranging from 6 litres to 35 litres and keep a lot of water hot for long. With the large storage tank, they also occupy a lot of space.
In general, the storage water heaters take few minutes before the water is completely heated and is ready for use. But this wait is acceptable when you need to heat a lot of water at once and it would be used by a number of people multiple times.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Both
Both the water heaters offer benefits that are unique to their type. It ultimately comes to the buyer to decide which one to go for. We will help you make an informed decision by providing you all the advantages and disadvantages of the instant and storage water heaters.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Instant Water Heaters
- Instant supply of hot water whenever you turn it on.
- They are quite compact and can fit even in the tightest of the spaces. Washbasins and kitchen sinks.
- Saves electricity
On the flip side if you look at the instant water heaters then you would notice that.
- Lack of storage may not be ideal for many. If you place it in a bathroom, then you won’t be able to heat the water for all your family members at once.
- With that, the instant water heaters also need some relaxing time after every 6 litres of hot water. Moreover, their prices are also fairly high.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Storage Water Heaters
- Storage water heaters are more of a normal product that can be seen in almost every house.
- Cheaper price and being able to store huge amount of water all at once. Unlike instant heaters, there are no breaks in between and you can get a continuous supply of hot water.
- They are best suited for the use in a bathroom with their storage capacity ranging from 6 litres and going all the way up to 35 litres.
With that large storage space, the storage water heaters take up a lot of space and need a large wall-mount for hanging in your bathroom. Plus, you’ll always have to wait for at least 5 minutes before getting hot water, which can be annoying at times. There are times when not all the heated water is used which results in the wastage of both the water and electricity.
Decide According To Your Need
Now that we have listed all the advantages and disadvantage of the instant and storage water heater, it’s now your turn to act upon it and decide which one is perfect for you.
The needs of each individual household are different and you must keep those in mind while choosing one of the two water heaters. Once decided, you can now head to the list of best instant and storage water heaters mentioned below to find the perfect heater for yourself.
Top 5 Best Instant Water Heaters
You can expect to get a lot of similar offerings from different companies when it comes to instant water heaters.
1 Bajaj Flora Instant Water Heater
1) Bajaj is a known brand in this space and they have used the best build material for making this instant water heater.
2) The company has made use of a high-quality heating element that not only heats the water quickly but also lasts for really long.
3) This 3000-watt water heater comes with multiple safety systems to keep you safe.
4) There are a couple of indicators that help you determine what function is working at the moment.
5) For this price, it is one of the best water heaters in this range.
2 Crompton Solarium
1) Crompton has a similar sized small instant water heater that gets the job done pretty well.
2) The tank of this water heater is made out of steel that should last for long.
3) Apart from this, the heater is rated at 3000-watt which should heat the water in a jiffy.
4) The storage capacity of the heater is 3 litres and you will also get a warranty of 2 years.
3 AO Smith EWS-3
1) If you want a perfect instant water heater, then look no further than this offering from AO Smith.
2) The best part of this product is the excellent quality material it is made out of.
3) You can set the water temperature between 25° C and 75° C, which is quite good for a heater this size.
4) AO Smith has also got you covered with the extensive warranty plan that covers the entire product for 2 years, the element for 3 years, and the tank for 5 years.
5) You can get the 3000-watt variant of this product for this price.
4 Bajaj Majesty Instant
1) This is another water heater from Bajaj that has a massive range of water heaters for all the categories.
2) This product is quite similar to the one mentioned above but comes with a few differences.
3) Bajaj mentions that the instant water heater is specially designed for the people living high rise buildings.
4) This heater is perfectly suitable for the pressure pumps used in such buildings.
5) Most of the other features are the same.
5 Havells Instanio Instant
1) In case you were hunting for something that not only works but also looks good then Havells has just the right product for you.
2) The aesthetics of this water heater are the USP while the other features also are quite impressive.
3) The front has a colour changing LED light that indicates when the water has been heated.
4) It has been designed keeping in mind the safety of the user and that’s the reason its body is made shockproof and it has a bunch of safety features inside too.
Top 5 Best Storage Water Heaters
1 Crompton Solarium DLX SWH815
1) Coming from a company like Crompton, this storage water heater offers all the features that you can ask from a modern machine.
2) The storage tank of the water heater is a large 15 litres one that can hold hot water for your entire family.
3) It is a 5-star rated water heater that means the product will not dig a huge hole in your pocket.
4) Crompton has used a special nano polymer coated tank that gives it a longer life.
2 AO Smith HSE-SDS-15
1) Again a pioneer in the water heater space, AO Smith has a great product for the storage water heater segment as well.
2) The specially created tank provides a great protection against hard water and corrosion from it.
3) You can heat water up to 75° C, which is more than enough for any family.
4) This product is also 5-star rated and is energy efficient in its daily operation.
5) With a warranty of 2 years, you will be experiencing the best in class after sales service.
1) Bajaj also has a product in the storage water heater segment and you can this is as the best value for money product.
2) For this price it has a lot to offer for all kinds of needs.
3) The 2000-watt heating element is there to give you hot water quickly.
4) To ensure longer life, the water tank of the heater has a special coating to keep it free from corrosion and other similar damages.
5) It is a 4-star rate product and comes with an overall warranty of 2 years.
1) The best part about this water heater from Kenstar is the option to choose the storage capacity you want.
2) You can choose either 10L, 15L, or 25L storage variant while getting this heater.
3) It comes with a more conventional look which would please many.
4) Despite all the floral design it has, the body of the heater is rust free.
5) This is a 5-star rated energy efficient water heater from Kenstar and will last you quite a long time with its warranty of 2 years.
6) This Kenstar storage water heater is available for price for 15L one.
5 Havells Monza EC 10
1) This company has mastered the art of making functional products that also look way better than any other similar product.
2) This Havells water heater will not only make your winter baths more comforting but will also make your bathroom look even better.
3) Its simplistic yet functional design should be the talk of the town.
4) Havells has taken care of the safety aspect quite well with this product and the heating capacity has also been made great with the 2000-watt element.
5) The storage capacity of this water heater is 10 litres and you can get it online for this price.
Also Check Out:
- Top 10 Best Front Loading Washing Machines in India
- 5 Best Espresso Coffee Machines
- Best Rated Split Air Conditioners
Please do comment below to add your suggestions and feedback , thanks.