Without having to spend a huge sum, you can get a decent sounding Bluetooth speaker for well under Rs. 1000 even from mode popular brands like JBL.
There are a host of such speakers available in the market and this guide will help you come to a decision. Below you will find a guide to help you get started with your new speaker and in case it needs some troubleshooting.
Further down, you’ll find some of our recommendations for the 10 best Bluetooth speakers below Rs. 1000.
Also Check Out Our:
How to connect a Bluetooth speaker to your phone?
To begin the pairing process, you first need to enable pairing mode on your speaker. After turning your speaker on using the power button, hold down the power button for a couple of seconds to switch the speaker into pairing mode.
Some speakers have a dedicated pairing button, you will need to hold that button similarly for a few seconds. Generally, this changes the onboard light colour or emits a notifying sound.
Now it’s time to get things set up on your Android or iOS phone. For connecting a Bluetooth speaker to your phone, drop the top menu down and tap on the Bluetooth icon.
This step remains identical for both iOS and Android. Next, go to the device Settings app and look for the Bluetooth menu option. When inside, you will find a list of connected, previously paired, and new devices list. In that list, find your speaker’s make and name and select it to pair.
Difference between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speakers?
This might seem complicated but is actually very simple. Bluetooth speakers are generally non-smart speakers that need a host device, like your phone, to source audio from. You connect your phone to a Bluetooth speaker and play music from your phone which is then relayed to the speaker. The music is actually being played on your phone using the resources of your device.
On the flip side, Wi-Fi speakers are generally smart and can much more independently than a Bluetooth speaker. Wi-Fi connectivity allows such speakers to stay connected with the internet for sourcing the music independently and for app connectivity.
Once you have sent the song from your phone to the speaker, it will pull the music directly from the internet. Closing the music app on your phone or turning off the phone entirely won’t even affect the music playback on a Wi-Fi speaker.
Top 10 Best Speakers Under Rs. 1000
Below mentioned are some of the best speakers that you can buy in India for under Rs. 1000.s
1. Infinity (JBL) Fuze Pint Portable Wireless Speaker
1) Infinity is a sub-brand of Harman who also makes JBL-branded products. This means you will be getting the best product quality with their signature sound quality.
2) This compact puck-shaped Bluetooth speaker has a premium fabric finish on the top with the necessary ports and lights placed in the bottom half. You can get it in three colour options.
3) Despite its compact size, the speaker is capable of lasting up to 5 hours of playback. It comes with dual equaliser modes for normal and deep bass.
4) While it supports talking to voice assistants of your phone—Siri or Google Assistant, you can also use it as a speakerphone when making voice calls on your phone.
5) The Infinity Fuze Pint Bluetooth speaker comes with a warranty of 1 year and is the tiniest speaker from the company, making it pocketable.
2. WeCool Canon Bluetooth Speaker
1) WeCool has packed a lot in a tiny wireless speaker that is majorly made of metal for excellent build quality. All the buttons and indicators in the bottom area while the top has the speaker mesh.
2) Talking about the speaker, the company has included a 3-watt unit that is capable of producing HD stereo output. It is loud enough to fill your personal space.
3) It has an in-built 400mAh battery that can give you a battery life of 4 hours. A quick top-up is possible using the included USB cable.
4) The speaker is IPX4 rated making it splash-proof to a certain degree. You should not submerge it in water but sweat or a slash of water won’t affect it.
5) Using the standard Bluetooth standard, it is compatible with a host of devices. It has a microphone and a play/pause button.
3. Artis BT90 Wireless Speaker
1) Artis has included a host of connectivity options besides Bluetooth. You can insert a microSD card for music playback. It also supports FM radio along with Aux input. A full USB Type-A port is also included.
2) This speaker is a unique design that gives make it look more robust than other speakers in this range. You can even use a strap using the included hooks.
3) With its 3W speaker included, the company assures of crustal clear sound playback with this product. It also supports dynamic sound effect that makes the audio richer.
4) Using the speaker continuously for playing your favourite music will take no less than 5 hours to drain its entire battery. It’s great for its size.
5) Over Bluetooth, the company assures you a range of 10 metres. A strap is included in the box. It has a 1-year warranty.
4. Mi Compact Bluetooth Speaker 2
1) Coming from Xiaomi, the company that’s known for fantastic quality products on a budget, you shouldn’t expect anything else from this speaker. Build quality and design are on point.
2) The Mi Compact Speaker 2 is a tiny speaker that houses everything inside. With that, you get a battery life of 6 hours when playing music at 80% volume. You can charge it with any micro USB cable.
3) Thanks to its size, the speaker is easy to carry around inside your bag or otherwise. A hand strap makes things even easier.
4) Xiaomi has included Bluetooth 4.2 which is a rather newer standard that can give you a range of 10 metres.
5) It makes it easier for you to make and receive calls using the speaker itself. An integrated microphone makes this possible.
5. Boult Audio Crystal 5W Portable Wireless Speaker
1) One of the most futuristic speakers on this list, Boult is giving you a rather modern design with the shape of the top grill and the inclusion of a woven strap. Everything seems high-quality.
2) Another interesting thing about the speaker is its battery life which is claimed to be 48 hours. It charges within 2 hours and should keep running for hours.
3) Its sound quality is enhanced using the bass boost amplifier that works in line with their name. For microphones, the company has included not one but two of them.
4) With the IPX5 rating, the speaker is certified to be water and splash resistance. It is good for using outdoors, including besides pools, and even in bathroom.
5) Using Bluetooth 4.2, it has a range of 10 metres. This helps it in offering HD acoustics and the auto-reconnect feature.
6. Clavier Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
1) We can safely say that this Clavier speaker is one of the best-looking ones on this list. It has a wooden side while the top has a white mesh that makes it look premium.
2) Its design also helps in getting the best audio quality out of it. The compact build houses a 40mm 3W driver that produced high-definition sound. It is suitable for both music and movies.
3) Besides using it with any device wirelessly over Bluetooth, you can even use a microSD card to play your favourite tracks. An Aux-in port is also provided.
4) Clavier has included a 1000mAh battery that is rated to last you for up to 10 hours on a single charge depending on the listening volume.
5) There is calling functionality included with support for noise reduction. The company offers a warranty of 1 year.
7. Flipkart SmartBuy 5W Bass Portable Wireless Speaker
1) If you like minimal design language, then this Flipkart SmartBuy speaker will surely please you. It has a cuboidal shape with a mesh front where the speaker fires from.
2) Flipkart’s in-house brand has included a mono 5-watt speaker that also has special hardware for improved bass output. It maintains a stereo output.
3) All the controls, with large tactile buttons and its charging port, are included on the back. They are easily accessible and convenient.
4) While you can charge the speaker using a micro USB port, it offers a battery life of 4 hours. You can quickly charge it to extend the duration.
5) The speaker uses Bluetooth 4.1 for its connectivity needs. It comes with a warranty of 1 year. You are getting quite a compact design that is made for people who’re on the go.
8. iBall MusiPlay A1 Bluetooth Speaker
1) iBall is a household name in the computer peripheral space and its MusiPlay A1 speaker is a part of the lineup. It comes with 5 bright colours for you to choose from.
2) This cube-shaped speaker fires from the top and has controls on one of its sides. Its speaker mesh has a unique design that makes the sound clearer.
3) Despite its compact size, iBall has included a large battery that allows the speaker to last for up to 6 hours. It can charge within 1.5 hours.
4) Being an ultra-portable speaker, this product connects using Bluetooth. It can also broadcast your tracks over a microSD card and FM radio, as per your convenience.
5) A 3W speaker is provided by the company while the package also includes a charging cable which is usually omitted by brands in this range.
9. Photron P10 Wireless Speaker
1) The P in its name stands for palm, meaning the speaker is so small that it can fit in your palm. Yet, it’s mighty powerful with its upward-firing speaker.
2) A premium design topped with metallic accents makes it a looker. The bottom area house all the controls along with a ring of LED lights that makes aesthetics even more pleasing.
3) Inside the speaker, you will find a 400mAh battery that is rated to last for up to 3 hours with a talk-time of 4.5 hours. It has a standby time of 165 hours.
4) Speaking of talk-time, this portable speaker supports hands-free calling function. The speaker along with its microphones work together for this feature.
5) Using Bluetooth, the tiny speaker can maintain its connection for up to 10 metres. You can also use a microSD card for music playback as well.
10. Portronics POR-312 Pico Portable Bluetooth Speaker
1) One of the cheapest ones in this range, the speaker supports the latest technical standards. Unlike all other speakers on this list, this one has Bluetooth 5.0 which maintains a stronger connection over a longer distance.
2) As a special feature, you can connect two of these Pico speakers to have a stereo effect. They will connect to a single source speaker to source the music and do this pairing.
3) It features a 3-watt speaker that should be more than enough for personal use. You can carry it with you in a bag or play music while biking. Or simply use it on your office table.
4) This Portronics Bluetooth speaker takes 1 hour to charge to its maximum to give a battery life of 3 hours. It’s because of its small design.
5) The speaker weighs just 50 grams and comes with a warranty of 1 year.
How to reset a Bluetooth speaker?
If you’re facing any connection problem with your Bluetooth speaker then resetting can solve any such issue. First, you should try for a soft reset, which simply means restarting the speaker. Most basic issues should be solved with this.
For a hard reset, many popular speaker models come with a pinhole. You need to insert a small pinhead inside it to push the hard-reset button. This should revert all the speaker settings to what they were when the speaker was new.