Do you face frequent load shedding in your area of residence? Unfortunately, it is a pretty common occurrence in India. But there are a few ways you can tackle this situation. For instance, you can use solar energy or even a (diesel) generator. However, in most cases, these options are costly and high maintenance.
But there is another easier way to combat the load shedding problem. Yes, you have guessed it right. We are talking about using an inverter. Let’s say, you have an inverter, now what’s next? The next step would be to choose a compatible battery for your specific inverter. And how do you do that? Fear not, my friends! We are here to help you with this.
In this very post, we will be reviewing some of the best inverter batteries available right now in the Indian market. If you were searching for this, then you are in the right place.
So, let’s don’t dawdle anymore and proceed to the good part…
What factors do you need to consider to buy the best inverter battery?
You cannot go and buy just any inverter batteries from the market. You need to keep a few pointers in mind to get the best and perfect one based upon your requirements. Here are some tips from us on this important topic. Let’s see, then…
- Compatibility with your inverter:
There are myriad of inverter models available on the Indian market. Not all of them are compatible with all the other batteries. Some need a particular type of batteries to operate. So, before you go to buy an inverter battery, you should take note of your inverter.
And, then buy a battery which is compatible with your specific model of inverter. There are some inverter batteries which are universally compatible with any inverters. You can get those if you don’t want the hassle.
- The battery backup time:
The supply of electricity is different from place to place. For instance, there might be 4-5 hours of load shedding on a specific part of the country whereas in another area the load shedding might be for about 1-2 hours. So, you should get a battery which can give you enough battery backup for your specific situation. Actually, you can calculate the battery backup time with ease. Here’s how to:
For instance, you want to run 2 LED light bulb of 18 Watt, 1 ceiling fan of 60 Watts, and an LED TV of 50 Watts with the help of a 150Ah/12V battery. At first, let’s find out the total load.
In total = 2 lights×18W + 1 fan×60W + 1 TV×50W= 146 Watts
So, for this amount of load, a battery with 150Ah/12V will give a battery backup of = 12V×150Ah/146W = 12.32 hours approximately. To be noted, these values might vary depending on the condition.
- Types of inverter battery:
There are several types of batteries found for inverters. However, the most common ones are the Maintenance-free battery, Lead-acid battery, and the Tubular battery. Typically, the maintenance-free batteries are a kind of lead-acid battery which don’t need any maintenance. These come with short life cycle and the price is a bit higher.
Lead-acid batteries are the old types. You might have seen them in different stores and houses a long time ago. They are very cheap compared to the other two types. But, they are very high maintenance and doesn’t come with adequate safety features. So, nowadays these ones are not that common.
The last one is the Tubular batteries. These are designed by keeping the safety of the users the topmost priority. Most of these are low maintenance batteries. The life span and performance of this type of inverter batteries are top-notch. And, these tend to be a bit expensive. If you want safety and high-quality performance then these types of batteries are the best.
The Comprehensive reviews of the best Inverter batteries in India:
1. Amaron Inverter 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery:
Amaron is a famous inverter and battery manufacturer from India. And, they are also very popular because of their high-quality products. It is likely that you might have seen Amaron batteries frequently in Indian households. Their price range is also very reasonable. And, that is one of the many reasons for their popularity.
As you know that India has a hot weather condition in most parts of the country. So, you would also need a battery which can withstand this type of dry weather. Fortunately, Amaron has manufactured this battery keeping that thing on their mind. So, it is perfect for the Indian climate. This one comes with a very low amount of lead. And the vent design is also top-notch. So, you don’t have to be worried about accidental acid/lead leakage.
It is compatible with all of the inverters available in Indian market at the moment. It comes pre-charged from the factory. It is very easy to use and charge. No need to be a professional to use it at all. So, if you want a versatile inverter battery in India, then you can go with Amaron 150 Ah inverter battery.
- It comes with the highest reserve capacity
- It is zero maintenance because of the ultra-modified hybrid alloy grid which uses heat resistant calcium
- Comes with high heat tolerance capacity
- The weight of this battery is about 62 kgs
- Comes with rust prevention technology
- Comes with the robust build quality
- Best for long power cut situation
- Less likely to lose battery water, thus no need to fill water frequently
- Works with any inverter in the Indian market
- It is very user-friendly
- A bit heavier compared to other similar products
2. Exide 150Ah New Instabrite Inverter Ups Battery:
Exide is another well-known company in India. They produce some of the best smart power backup products. Among them, the Exide 150Ah Instabrite is a top quality product. This battery comes with a lot of great traits. But, first off, we need to mention the design and the build quality.
Frankly, this is one of the best-looking batteries available in the Indian market right now. The size of this battery is also very compact compared to other similar batteries. So, it won’t take a lot of space in your place to keep it. The battery comes with some smart features which are very unique.
For instance, it has a floating guide electrolyte level indicator. You can easily know if you need to refill it with battery water from that indicator. The top vent is perfectly sealed with anti-splash guards to prevent any accidental leakage. Also, it comes with a pair of exclusive molded handles for greater portability. The price is also very reasonable. So, if you need an easy to use inverter battery, this is the one you can get without any doubt.
- Comes with a Float guide indicator
- The top of the battery is vented with anti-splash grids
- It is totally leak-proof
- It is perfect for Indian high-temperature weather
- Comes with dual plate separation feature
- Comes with a spark arrestor which makes it fume resistant
- Comes in factory charged condition
- Very attractive price
- Comes with 36 months of warranty
- It is just 40 Kgs
- Suitable for using at home
- Needs to refill water frequently
3. LUMINOUS RC 18000 150 AH Tall Tubular Battery:
You might already be familiar with Luminous. If you watch TVs regularly, you would notice their advertisements. The best thing about their product is quality. There are a lot of different types of inverter battery from Luminous. But, if you want one with great back up and longer life span, then the Luminous RC 18000 Tall Tubular Battery is the one.
This is a heavy-duty battery with numerous features. For example, it comes with very fast charging capability. But at the same time, you will get longer backup. This is a rare combination to get on an inverter battery nowadays. It also comes with an exclusive corrosion-resistant alloy composition which is patented by Luminous. This battery also has a uniform void-free structure which makes sure it has a longer life span.
You can connect it with most of the popular inverters in the Indian market. As it comes with the flexible yet oxidation-resistant gauntlet which is perfect for correct installation. These batteries are manufactured using high-pressure casting machines, which ensures robust build quality. So, if you are looking for an inverter battery from a well-known Indian brand, then this can be a great addition to your home/office/stores.
- Comes with 3 years of warranty; 18 months of replacement warranty & 18 months of pro-rata
- Comes with exclusive balanced plate design which is capable of great battery life
- It is shockproof, rust-proof, and leak-proof
- Suitable for Indian climate as it is heat resistant
- It weighs about 53.3 kgs
- It has over 1250 charging cycles
- Easy to use
- Compatible with the vast majority of the inverter models
- Great warranty policy
- Comes with pretty quick charging capability
- The battery backup period is high
- Installation is not free
- A tad bit expensive than other similar models
4. Luminous ExtraCharge EC18036 150Ah Tall Tubular Battery:
If the price of the aforementioned Luminous battery was high for you, then you can check this one out. This is also from Luminous as you would expect. It is also a tall tubular battery and it comes with almost similar features. For instance, this one has a balanced plate design for amazing deep discharge.
So, your battery will be perfect even during frequent voltage fluctuation. And, we know that it is a regular incident in many parts of India. Plus, it has inter partition connection, which makes sure that there is no short circuit inside the battery. The design of this battery is exclusively patented by Luminous. It also has the charging boost mode. With the help of that mode, it will charge faster than usual.
Added to that, it has a great quality battery backup as well. However, you should remember that the battery backup time is also dependent on a lot of external factors like temperature, load types, and the age of the battery itself. Nonetheless, if you are looking for a cheap Luminous inverter battery then this might be the one you should go for.
- It supports 600VA
- Comes with a very great ventilation system
- Comes with 3 years of warranty; 18 months of replacement warranty & 18 months of pro-rata
- Suitable for 4-5 hours of backup based on the peripherals you use
- Fast boost charging technology
- 1250 cycles of charging capacity
- Heat resistant which means it is suitable for Indian climatic condition
- One of the cheapest 150 Ah inverter battery from Luminous
- The lead part is well protected in the case of voltage fluctuation
- Comes with the rugged build quality
- Low maintenance inverter battery
- Can be connected with most of the inverter models available in India
- Very heavy to carry around easily
- There might be acid-spewing if you don’t handle with care
Before we go:
If you want good battery backup, then you need good quality inverter battery. You can’t cheap out on this. We have brought information to you about some of the best inverter battery in India in this post. We believe this comprehensive guide will help you to find the perfect match for you according to your demands.
Lastly, if you have any queries, don’t forget to let us know in the comments!
Inverter Battery Price List