Rice is a staple food product in India but did you know that there are different varieties of rice available in the world?
Yes, that’s correct! And one such rice variety is the Basmati rice which is more predominantly grown in India and Pakistan. Basmati rice has a unique texture and aroma that makes it perfect to prepare dishes like biryani and is even used as a side with several curry dishes.
With several Basmati rice brands in the market; it has even become easier to order rice at home and enjoy some delicious meals. But how do you know which basmati rice brand to choose from? Don’t worry, we have prepared this guide to help you out.
In this post, we have mentioned a few factors to consider when you are purchasing basmati rice along with a list of the top 10 basmati rice brands to consider.
How to Choose a Basmati Rice Brand?
Here are a few factors to keep in mind when looking for the perfect basmati rice brand for yourself.
Check the Color of the Rice
When you are looking for good-quality basmati rice, the most important thing to check is the color of the rice. Ideally, basmati rice is pearly white with a golden hue and not gray in color. This is because basmati rice takes a few years to age and that is exactly what determines its quality.
Also Read : Best Electric Rice Cookers
Such quality basmati rice is also fully dried and stays fluffy when you use it to make a pulao or biryani out of it. So, always make sure that the basmati rice that you choose has the appropriate coloring.
Consider the Shape and Size
Another important thing to consider when looking for quality basmati rice is that the rice grains should be long. In fact, the longer the rice grains, the better it will taste. Also, check if the rice grains have a tapered end or a flat end.
Basmati rice with a tapered end is high-quality rice while the ones with flat ends are usually impure or low-quality.
Consider the Packaging of the Basmati Rice
One of the most important things to consider is the packaging of your basmati rice. You don’t want basmati rice in a plastic packaging which can end up making your basmati rice stale after being opened.
So, opt for a basmati rice brand that uses cloth packaging or one with a zip lock feature so that your rice is protected and remains high-quality for a long time.
Also Read : Best Fruit Vegetable Juicers
Also, check the packaging to ensure that your basmati rice is extra-long grain labeled as it will offer you high-quality grain action.
Choose the Right Volume
While color, shape, etc. are important factors to consider when looking for good basmati rice, the volume also plays a major role.
You will find packaging options of 1 kg, 5 kg, etc. available in the market but it can be tricky to choose the right volume.
Also Read : Best Electric Rice Cookers
If you are trying basmati rice brand for the first time and aren’t sure of the quality, then you can simply order the 1 kg product.
And if you have been using the basmati rice brand for some time now then you can opt for 5 kg as this will reduce the frequency of ordering and will allow you to cook rice for a long time at home.
Stick to your Budget
Finally, it is important to prepare a budget for your monthly basmati rice needs and then stick to it. There are basmati rice brands that offer quality basmati rice at both high and low prices.
However, the majority of basmati rice brands have reasonable pricing so a higher price doesn’t always mean better quality.
So, make sure that the basmati rice brand is in your budget before you start ordering regularly from it.
10 Best Basmati Rice Brands in India
1. India Gate Basmati Rice
(Good for daily consumption)
1) One of the most widely used basmati rice brands in India, I am sure that most of you must have heard or used India Gate Basmati Rice at some point.
2) India Gate is known for its good-quality basmati rice which has an aromatic taste and is perfect for all kinds of rice dishes like jeera rice, pulao, steam rice, and so on.
Also Read : Best Espresso Coffee Machines
3) A reasonably cost-effective product, this basmati rice brand gives you long, light, and fluffy rice grains that don’t stick together and taste delicious after being cooked.
4) Moreover, the rice grains are cleaned and sorted properly and don’t break easily while cooking as well.
5) As a result, this rice product is best for daily use too.
2. Fortune Special Biryani Basmati Rice
(Good for making Biryani)
1) Another top basmati rice brand product that offers extra-long grains for consumption is the Fortune Special Biryani Basmati Rice.
2) This rice product is rich in fibers and products which makes it good for your overall health as well.
3) And since each rice grain is carefully picked up, you can enjoy rice dishes with non-sticky rice that makes it extremely delicious to eat.
Also Read : Best Tea Brands India
4) Another great thing about this basmati rice brand is that gives a luxurious look and aroma to your dishes.
5) As a result, it is the perfect rice base for most Biryanis and rice dishes like pulao, schezwan rice, khichdi, and so on.
6) So, if you are looking for a good brand basmati rice for preparing high-quality biryani then Fortune Special Biryani Basmati Rice is the perfect choice for you.
3. SHRILALMAHAL Empire Basmati Rice
(Bit Yellowish after boiling)
1) One of the top basmati rice brand that offers the best quality and most aromatic basmati rice in India is the Shrilalmahal Empire Basmati Rice.
2) Some of the finest quality basmati rice in the market, this product has minimal fat and cholesterol which makes it healthy for regular use.
3) Also, the basmati rice offered in this product is extra-long with a length of up to 24 mm and has a delicious aroma and flavoring.
Also Read : Best Electric Gas Lighters For Kitchen
4) In fact, you get the whiff of the aroma the minute you open the packaging.
5) The rice has been aged for over 2 years which is why the basmati rice is of the finest quality and is extremely easy to digest as well.
6) And while this is slightly expensive than other basmati rice products in the market, it does offer a superior quality that makes up for it.
4. Khaas Premium Basmati Rice
1) Finally, there is the Khaas Premium Basmati rice which is Himalayan sourced aged rice that is light and fluffy in texture.
2) This 100% product offers long rice grains with a rich aroma that tastes and smells delicious after being cooked.
3) It acts as a great source of energy and the zip lock packaging allows you to keep this basmati rice fresh for a longer time.
4) Another great thing about this product is that it is a non-blended Basmati rice so each grain elongates to double its size and has a beautiful aroma as well.
5) Plus, since this product has a low GI, it is also healthier for consumption and helps in weight loss as well.
5. Kohinoor Super Silver Aged Basmati Rice
1) Kohinoor Super Silver Aged Basmati Rice is another top basmati rice brand in India that offers authentic basmati rice at a reasonable price.
2) This basmati rice brand offers a flavorful and aromatic rice grain that turns every rice dish into a delicious experience.
Also Read : Best Microwave Ovens
3) As a result, this basmati rice is perfect for regular use and can be used to prepare delicious jeera rice, pulao, steam rice, khichdi, and so on.
4) Another important thing about this basmati rice is that it is gluten-free so it is perfect for people who need to avoid gluten in their diet.
5) Also, the rice is aged for 12 months and then naturally curated and nurtured so that you can enjoy the authentic taste of the basmati rice.
6. LAL QILLA Traditional Basmati Rice
1) Lal Qilla Traditional Basmati Rice is one of the finest quality basmati rice in the market that can be used for preparing different cuisines including Mughlai, continental, etc.
2) This basmati rice brand has a top-notch taste and looks pearly white, all because it has been aged for 2 years.
Also Read: Best Hand Sanitizers
3) Apart from the apt color, the rice grains are long as well and sweet in taste too.
4) With its aromatic smell, you can make different delicious dishes quite easily and can even make simple rice in barely 10 minutes.
5) Since it is rich in natural protein, it is also good for your health and is perfect for regular use as well.
7. Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice
1) One of the best Basmati rice brands in India, Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice is the world’s longest grain that can elongate to 18-24 mm while cooking.
2) This rice brand takes 2 years for aging which is why Daawat Biryani Basmati Rice is fluffy and non-sticky.
3) As a result, this rice brand makes for an excellent presentation after cooking and tastes delicious as well.
Also Read : Best Electric Rice Cookers
4) And it gets quickly cooked as well and can be used in an assortment of dishes like biryani, pulao, saffron rice, and so on.
5) After being cooked, the rice smells amazing too and will leave you wanting more after you have tasted it once.
6) It is slightly expensive but at such high-quality, it is to be expected. Overall, this is definitely one of the best rice brands to consider in India.
8. Daawat Brown Basmati Rice
1) If you are looking for a healthier version of basmati rice for yourself then Daawat Brown Basmati Rice would be the perfect choice for you.
2) This basmati rice brand is filled with essential nutrients and takes barely 15 minutes to cook. And the result is always soft and tasty rice which will leave you wanting more of this healthy product.
3) Daawat Brown Basmati rice has zero cholesterol so it helps your heart and cardiovascular functions.
4) Apart from that, it is also whole grain so it is low on carbs and high in fiber that makes it good for digestion and losing weight.
5) Also, since it uses hydration enhancement technology, it retains the essential nutrients that can improve your immunity as well.
6) All in all, this is a good brown rice product that tastes delicious and is quite easily affordable as well.
9 Daawat Rozana Super Basmati Rice
1) This is yet another top-notch basmati rice from Daawat that offers good quality at a low price.
2) Daawat Rozana Super Basmati Rice has been grown and harvested in the Indo-Ganges plain, at the foot of Himalayas. As a result, it tastes delectable and has a beautiful aroma.
Also Read : Best Bread Makers In India
3) This original basmati rice is also extremely easy to cook and becomes fluffy and firm after being cooked so you will love eating it.
4) This product is a mixture of full and half-broken grains but shorter grains don’t break while being stirred.
5) So, if you are looking for a cheap yet decent quality basmati rice for yourself then Daawat Rozana Super Basmati Rice is the ideal choice for you.
10 Amazon Brand – Vedaka Super Basmati Rice
1) This FSSAI certified basmati rice of Vedaka Super Basmati Rice is yet another great product to consider.
2) This natural basmati rice has been cultivated at the foot of the Himalayas and has an amazing smell.
3) Further, this product features a hygienic packaging and even meets FSSAI food safety standards which makes this basmati rice safe and healthy to consume.
4) The extra-long grains of this basmati rice is properly processed so, it takes less time to cook and tastes delicious as well. And since it is economical, you can use it regularly too.