In India, flour is one of the most used food products, both in regular and fancy meals. As a result, there are a lot of flour brands available in the market that offers high-quality nourishment and good taste.
But which flour type or brand is actually good for your daily consumption?
Don’t worry, we understand your pain. This is why we have prepared this guide to help you choose from the best flour brands in India.
In this article, you will learn about a few important types of flours along with the 10 best flours brands in India to purchase for your cooking needs.
Types of Flours Available
There are majorly five types of flours that are available:
1) All-purpose flour
2) Bread flour
3) White Whole Wheat flour
4) Whole Wheat flour
5) Self-rising flour.
Each of these flour types contains a different amount of protein and has different uses in cooking or baking.
All-purpose flour contains 11.7% protein and is a versatile type of flour that can be used for most flour recipes. However, this type of flour is best used for dishes like muffins, cookies, pie crusts, and is even strong to bake bread and light enough to make biscuits and scones.
Next, we have bread flour which has 12.7% protein and is ideal for making yeast bread. So, you can use this flour in recipes to make bagels, pizza dough, sandwich loaves, and so on.
Higher in protein content, we have the white whole wheat flour that is milled from 100% white spring wheat. It is similar to whole wheat flour but has a mellow flavor and a light shade which is why it acts as all-purpose flour.
If you love baking scones, tender biscuits, pancakes, and so on, then a self-rising flour is the best choice for you. This type of flour is made using soft wheat flour, salt, and baking powder which is why it has a light texture and creamy taste.
And finally, there is the whole wheat flour that is more robust, nutritious, and stronger as it is made by milling the entire wheat berry. This type of flour also contains the highest amount of protein which is why the bread made from this flour can be denser and shorter. However, that is easily fixable with the addition of more liquid.
10 Best Flours Brands in India
1. Fortune Chakki Fresh Atta
1) One of the best flour products in the market, Fortune Chakki Fresh Atta is perfect for consumers who want reliable, good-quality flour for daily consumption.
2) And the best thing about this flour product is that it is made up of 100% whole wheat flour and 0% maida (that is usually added to make the flour softer).
3) As a result, the rotis made from this flour taste utterly delicious and don’t become hard even when they turn cold.
Also Read : 10 Best Basmati Rice Brands in India
4) This flour is made in an extremely hygienic environment so you get purest wheat flour that is safe to consume and offers high nutritional value.
5) Also, it is rich in dietary fiber so it will make you feel full faster, helps in digestion, and helps in weight control as well.
6) And most importantly, it is quite reasonably priced as well so you don’t have to think twice before ordering this at home.
7) Overall, this is the perfect flour brand that offers reliable and high-quality flour for cooking and is a great value for money as well.
2. Aashirvaad Shudh Chakki Atta
1) Aashirvaad Shudh Chakki Atta is another great flour brand that is known to provide the best quality product at the most reasonable cost.
2) This product is 100% whole wheat flour milled from the best quality grains and contains no maida that could compromise your family’s health.
3) For this product, high-quality wheat is directly sourced from the farmers that undergoes deep cleaning three times to ensure that the grains are hygienic and strong.
Also Read : 10 Best Electric Rice Cookers Available in India
4) They also use the traditional process of grinding the grains in a chakki to product the flour which is kept under strict surveillance and is quality-checked separately by a team as well.
5) Plus, all the nutrients stay intact in this process.
6) You enjoy soft and fluffy rotis with this flour and high nutrition consumption as well. The only drawback is that the rotis can turn hard when they become cold.
3. 24 Mantra Organic Wholewheat Atta Premium
1) Are you looking for organic whole wheat flour for daily use? If yes, then 24 Mantra Organic Wholewheat Atta Premium is the perfect flour brand for you.
2) This flour product uses organic wheat grains for milling so it is 100% organic certified and is easy on your digestive system as well.
3) Another great thing about this flour brand is that is low on glutens and has a soft texture.
Also Read : 10 Best Microwave Ovens in India
4) This low-calorie wheat derivative is perfect for making dense and heavy texture dishes as well.
5) And since the traditional chakki is used to prepare this flour, it is more nutritious and fresher compared to other flour brands.
6) Finally, it is good for your health as well as it is rich in magnesium and ensures that your gastrointestinal functions work properly.
7) So, if you are looking for a healthy and organic flour brand for bread and cereals then 24 Mantra Organic Wholewheat Atta Premium is the perfect choice for you.
4. Pillsbury Multi Grain Atta
1) Pillsbury is one of the most popular brands for producing wheat and wheat products and promises to provide products that are healthy and good quality.
2) So, Pillsbury Multi Grain Atta is not different. Flour product is made up of 90% wheat and 10% multigrain so, it is extremely healthy and nutritious and takes proper care of your family needs.
Also Read : 10 Best Fruit & Vegetable Juicers
3) In this product, 7 natural grains are carefully blended in the right product and include soy, maize, chana dal, oats, barley, and ragi.
4) As a result, the taste is usually a little different from the 100% whole wheat flour but the softness remains the same, not to mention that you get a varied range of nutrients that are not available in whole wheat flour.
5) So, if you are looking for a change of taste and wish to use a more nutritious flour then Pillsbury Multi Grain Atta is the right choice for you.
5. Organic Tattva Wheat Flour
1) Another amazing flour brand that offers organic flour at a premium price is the Organic Tattva Wheat Flour.
2) This organic product is made out of wheat grains that are carefully selected from the farmers to ensure the quality and organic factor of the flour.
3) And one of the best things about this flour brand is that it uses a hygienical preparation and packaging method to ensure the quality of the flour.
Also Read : Best Instant Noodles in India
4) Apart from that, this flour has a delicious taste and is quite healthy for consumption as well.
5) The grains used for the preparation of this flour are organically grown, without the use of fertilizers or pesticides.
6) As a result, this product is great for health enthusiasts and for anyone who wishes to experience a chemical-free lifestyle.
7) So, if you don’t mind paying a little more for better quality and organic product then Organic Tattva Wheat Flour is the perfect product for you.
6. TWF Nutritious Sharbati Highland Flour Wheat Atta
1) If you are looking for a different kind of whole wheat flour then TWF Nutritious Sharbati Highland Flour Wheat Atta is the perfect choice for you.
2) With this sharbati wheat yield variety from malwa plateau, you can enjoy not only rotis that are soft but sweet and aromatic as well.
3) Another great thing about this flour is that since it is grown in highlands, it is natural and healthier compared to other commercial flours.
4) Another great thing about this flour brand is that it only starts milling your flour once you have placed the order.
5) So, you get extremely fresh flour in comparison to other flour brands.
6) The manufacturing company takes special care while selecting the wheat grains for grinding and the harvesting is done at the apt location and climate to ensure a nutritional and natural-flavored flour.
7) As a result, this is an expensive flour but you get what you are promised, the best-quality, naturally flavored flour.
7. Aashirvaad Select Superior Sharbati Atta
1) Another amazing product from Aashirvaad brand, Aashirvaad Select Superior Sharbati Atta is a premium quality flour that is made from 100% Shabarti wheat that has been harvested in Sehore district, MP.
2) Since the fields here receive adequate rainfall and sunlight, the wheat grains harvested here are golden in color and feel heavier too.
3) Also, since this flour is capable of absorbing more water, you are able to make soft and aromatic rotis with great ease.
Also Read : Best Bread Makers In India
4) It also maintains the softness for a longer time and is a great choice for maintaining good health as well.
5) So, if you are looking for a good-quality sharbati flour then Aashirvaad Select Superior Sharbati Atta is the perfect choice for you.
8. NutroActive Keto Atta
1) Another great flour product for all health enthusiasts is the NutroActive Keto Atta. Since it is low on carbs, around 5% net carbs, it is perfect for people who are on a keto or low-carb diet to lose weight.
2) Your intake of carbs with 1 roti is just 1 gm, that makes it easier for vegetarians to follow the keto diet as well without having to leave their chapati.
3) This flour is made up of dry fruits like almonds, coconut, peanuts, flax seeds, etc. and meets your fat and protein requirements easily.
Also Read : 5 Best Espresso Coffee Machines
4) So, if you are looking for a healthy food option in your diet then NutroActive Keto atta is a good choice.
5) Apart from offering health benefits, this flour is also easy to knead to make chapattis and tastes delicious.
6) In fact, you can also add it to your pancakes, smoothies, and other baked items as it is 100% vegan and lends a great taste to the dishes.
9. Nature Fresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta
1) Nature Fresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta is made up of 100% pure whole wheat and no maida which makes it healthy and a good choice for daily use.
2) This flour is made from the best quality grains and only those grains are used that are pure and correctly sized.
3) In fact, the selection and processing of the natural ingredients are carried out carefully so that you can enjoy a well-textured flour.
Also Read: 10 Best Hand Sanitizers in India
4) The flour is neither too coarse nor too fine so it allows you to make soft and fluff rotis to eat every day.
5) Also, this flour contains natural dietary fibers that make it easier to digest while providing proper nutrition to the customers.
6) Overall, this is a good, cheap alternative for anyone who wishes to eat healthily but at an affordable price.
10. Pillsbury Chakki Fresh Atta
1) For the people who love whole wheat flour, Pillsbury Chakki Fresh Atta is a good choice.
2) This flour is made up of all the parts of a wheat grain so it is extremely nutritious and allows you to make soft and fluffy rotis with it.
3) That’s not all, these rotis stay soft for at least 6 hours at a time so you don’t have to worry about them turning hard when cold.
Also Read: Best Hand Creams in India
4) Pillsbury has over 150 years of experience in product flour and flour products.
5) As a result, they have experience in getting the best quality wheat from the farmers and then grinding it in the traditional chakki.
6) So, the particles of the wheat flour are soft to touch and nutritious and allow you to make good fluffy rotis.