Are You Searching For The Best Cricket Bat in India ?
Search No More!!
Cricket is the most popular game/sport in India without a doubt. Everybody loves to play cricket. It would be pretty hard to find a single person who hasn’t played cricket at least once in his lifetime if he is from India. We, too, love playing cricket. And, that is why we have come with a comprehensive post about some of the best cricket bats available in India.
Honestly, there are an insurmountable amount of cricket bats to choose from. So, it is not easy to pick the best bat for you without much research. To do that, you will need a lot of time. But, in this fast-paced lifestyle, you might not have the time to do it. And we know that feeling of our beloved readers. As a result, we have done the research on your behalf.
And, in this article, we will be sharing the reviews of the best cricket bats in India. Plus, we will try to talk about the budget-friendly ones for the convenience of our readers. So, let’s not waste more of our time and get started…
1. SS Custom English Willow Cricket Bat:
Typically, English Willow cricket bats tend to be a little bit expensive. So, a lot of us go for Kashmir Willow. But, wouldn’t it be great if you could get a budget-friendly English Willow cricket bat? That’s when the SS custom English Willow bat comes into the play.
This particular bat comes in 2 sizes such as 5 and 6. Added to this, it also has a short handle version. Now, the price of these various versions will differ from one to another. The bat comes with traditional design and shape. It has great pickup and quite good balance. You need to knock in this bat before using it for the best results.
- It is made of high-quality English Willow
- The grip is of high quality
- The bat comes with fiber tapes on the front and on the edges
- The handle is made of Sarawak cane handle
- Lightweight, but you have to select the perfect size according to the batsman’s height and age
2. GM Sting Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat:
If you watch cricket regularly, then you have seen a lot of cricketers use GM bats. GM or ‘Gunn & Moore’ is based in England. They are producing cricketing accessories for about 130 years. And, they are known as one of the finest cricket bat makers in the world. They also produce all the popular types of cricket bats. For instance, you will get English, Kashmir willow bats as well as tape tennis bats from GM.
This GM String bat comes with a short handle. It is made of Kashmir Willow wood. You can play with leather balls as well as tape ball with this bat. It comes in the traditional design. It is a ready-to-play cricket bat. That means you don’t need to knock in this bat before playing. The price of this bat is not that high as well. The only downside of this bat is that it doesn’t come with a toe guard.
- International standard size and shape
- The weight varies from 1175 gm. to 1300 gm.
- Great pick up and perfectly balanced weight
- Comes with a high-quality cover
- Great for using this bat for practice and in net sessions
- Smooth finish and comes with cross wave tape on the front for maximum durability and stroke
3. SG Cobra Xtreme English Willow Cricket Bat:
If your budget is on the high side, you can go for a great quality English Willow bat. In that regard, the SG Cobra Xtreme can be a great choice. The price of the bat might be a bit high compared to most of the bats we have listed here. But, the quality of this bat justifies the price.
Everything is great about this SG cricket bat. There are a couple of drawbacks though. For instance, it doesn’t have a toe guard. And, the grip of the bat is not of high quality. As usual, as it is an English Willow bat, you will have to prepare it by knocking in. The manufacturers already finished the oiling part.
- It is a short handle bat
- It comes with a traditional shape which helps to play shots with maximum stability
- The handle is made with high-quality Sarawak cane
- The weight is 1200 gm. to 1320 gm.
- It is suitable for match and practice session
- Best budget-friendly leather ball playing cricket
4. DSC Scorer Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat
If you want a genuine Kashmir willow cricket bat, then you will love the DSC Scorer bat. DSC has been making cricketing accessories for about 50 years. Now they are known as one of the best in the business. They offer 3 types of cricket bats in terms of the wood quality, which are English Willow, Kashmir Willow, and Tennis ball bat.
As the name suggests, this bat we are talking about is made of Kashmir Willow. That means it won’t be a grade-1 bat for playing professional cricket. But, it is an affordable cricket bat with which you can play tape tennis ball and leather ballas well without any issues. However, for a tape tennis ball, it could be a top choice. For the leather ball, it might not be that great.
- This is a full-size bat with the short handle
- The grip is very good, won’t tear apart after a few days of use
- Lightweight yet durable
- Comes with cross wave tape on both edges for extra protection
- Pick up is great
- The power zone is extended from mid to lower part of the bat
- Comes with toe guard
- Made with genuine Kashmir Willow
5. SG RSD Spark Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat:
SG or ‘Sanspareils Greenland’s has been providing cricket enthusiasts all over the world with great quality cricketing equipment since 1950. They offer almost all types of cricketing gears. However, they are famous for their cricket bats and balls. For instance, many famous cricketers all around the world use their bats. Now, if you want to experience using an SG bat, then you can begin with the SG RSD Spark Kashmir Willow Cricket Bat.
This one comes with Kashmir Willow. That means the price of the bat is very affordable compared to the English Willow bats. But at the same time, you will be able to play with any types of cricket balls using this bat without any problems. It comes in different sizes such as 3,4,5,6 and it also has a short handle version. The prices will also vary depending on the size.
- Comes in various sizes
- Very lightweight, the various sizes weigh from 1180 gm. to 1200 gm.
- Come with thick edged and curved bladed for maximum stroke
- Comes with a bat cover
- The front grains are protected by tape for protection
- The handle is made of Sarawak cane which absorbs vibrations to give you better control on your shots
6. New Balance DC 380 Kashmir-Willow Cricket Bat:
At this moment, a lot of England and Australian cricketers are using New Balance cricket accessories. For instance, you might have noticed that Steven Smith is rocking his ‘New Balance’ bat and scoring centuries after centuries in the Ashes 2019. If you want to get the taste of this popular cricket bat series, then you can begin with the New Balance DC 380 cricket bat. It is made of Kashmir Willow wood.
That means you will get this without breaking the bank. We must admit that the quality of the Kashmir willow is inferior to the quality of English Willow. But, the Kashmir Willow is cheaper than English Willow. So, if you are looking for a great quality cricket ball to play cork balls within a budget, you can check this bat out.
- This is a short handle bat
- Comes with large edges and bigger sweet spot
- Comes with 3-piece Singapore cane handle for better shock and vibration absorption
- Comes with a high-quality toe guard
- Very lightweight yet build quality is great
- Genuine Kashmir Willow bat from NB (New Balance)
- Comes with fiber tape on the front for better stroke
7. DSC Condor Elite Kashmir:
We have already told you about the DSC Scorer in this article. Now, we are going to talk about another cricket bat from DSC (Deluxe Sports Company). It is the DSC Condor Elite. This bat is also one of the best in quality yet a budget-friendly leather ball playing cricket bat. Plus, you can easily play with tape tennis ball using this abt.
Matter of fact, a lot of users said that they have got great feedback from this bat when playing with a tape tennis ball. This bat can be a great addition to your collection if you are playing beginner to advanced level of cricket. But, remember, it will not be suitable for professional level cricket.
- This bat is made of Kashmir Willow
- Great balance and pickup
- Very lightweight but has a great build quality
- The grip is of high quality from DSC
- It comes with a cane handle
- Best bat for using in net sessions and practice match
8. Spartan MS Dhoni Run CB-154 Kashmir Willow Bat:
Team India’s former captain MS Dhoni aka ‘Captain Cool’ used to play using Spartan bats for a while. Also, the ‘Universe Boss’ Chris Gayle is using the Spartan bat. That indicates that these are very good quality cricket bats. But, you know that the prices of those bats used by the professional cricketers are very expensive. So, what can you do if you want to play with a Spartan bat anyway?
Fortunately, Spartan has got you covered. They have released some very good quality budget-friendly cricket bats. And, you can find them in India at an affordable price. For instance, the Spartan MS Dhoni CB-154 is a great example of this. This is a bat made from premium selected Kashmir Willow. This is a perfect bat for big hitters and stroke players. So, if you want a good quality Spartan cricket bat without spending a lot of money, you can go with this one without any second guess.
- This bat comes in Size 6 or the standard size
- The grip is of very high quality and easy to handle the bat with this
- Large sweet spot from mid to lower bottom of the bat
- The oiling part is done, just need to be knocked in before playing with the leather ball for better results
- The bat comes with a toe guard
- It also comes with a bat cover of high quality for portability
9. MRFF Genius Virat Kohli Popular Willow Cricket Bat with Ball:
Not every one of us is looking for a good leather ball bat. Some of us need to find an exclusive tape tennis bat. If you are one who is looking for a great quality tap ball-bat within an affordable price range, then this one is for you. This one comes from MRFF, not MRF. But that doesn’t mean that the quality of the bat is bad. Rather, it is a good quality bat based upon the price tag. It comes in a standard size. But, it is best for 8 to 15 years old players.
- It is made from popular willow to cut the cost
- It comes with a short handle
- If you buy it from Amazon, you will also get a free tennis ball with the bat
- The handle is made of cane for better control
- The grip of the bat is quite good
- The bat comes with a thick edge and great pickup
Our Last Words:
There are a lot of factors you need to consider when you are buying a cricket bat. So, researching is an integral part of the entire process. But, lucky for you, we have done that and shared the results in this post. Now, it’s your turn to go and get the best bat for you. We hope you will find your bat from the aforementioned list. And, Keep Cricketing!